SCLive Inside QEMU
This document describes the steps required in order to run the SystemC Live distribution from within the QEMU virtual environment.
QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator using dynamic translation to achieve good emulation speed. Using this program you can run your SystemC Live distribution from within windows XP.
To run QEMU you will have to follow those detailed steps:
- Download QEMU from here .
- Install QEMU by following the program's instructions.
- Copy the SystemC Live image ( SCLive-X.X.iso ) inside the QEMU's install directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Qemu ).
- Execute the batch file called QEMUMenu.bat.
- Press M to setup the memory requirements and enter the value 256.
- Press I to indicate the name of the ISO file you want to load in then drag and drop the SystemC Live image ( SCLive-X.X.iso ) inside the command window.
- To the question "boot from this file ?" answer Y.
- Press C to create a QEMU image.
- Enter a chosen name for your QEMU image file ( e.g. SCLive-1.0 ).
- Enter a size of 500.
- Enter 2 for the image type (QEMU type).
- Press 1 to boot your newly created QEMU image.
Et voila !
That should start your SystemC Live distribution inside a new window. press the keys Ctrl+Alt to come out of the window's capture.